Friday, May 10, 2013

Windows Server 2012 - Internet Explorer Change Internet Security

I was spinning a Windows Machine on EC2 the other day, and I came across this annoying problem - every time I try to browse a site, there's this pop up to ask me to add the domain as a trusted source. Download is also blocked.

The first thing I tried is going to Internet Options -> Security -> Internal. The options to set the security level to lower than high are all grey-ed out.

At the bottom left corner, click on the Server Manager icon.

Click on the Local Server text at the left sidebar.

In this Tasks table, search for IE Enhanced Security Configuration (2nd column, around the 7th row).

Click on the "On" link.

Click the "Off" radio button for Administrators.

Now restart IE and try downloading a file.

3 comments:

  1. Very helpful. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I in searching for of reality cherished reading your weblog. It turned into each one in all dexterously authored and easy to undertand. in contrast to subsidiary blogs i have proper to use that are in intend of fact now not tht first-rate. I after that determined your posts genuinely attractive. In fact after studying, I needed to move ham it taking place it to my pal and he ejoyed it as rapidly! internet providers toronto

    ReplyDelete